[Solved] BIND cannot resolve any .com DNS addresses

[Solved] BIND cannot resolve any .com DNS addresses

We faced same issue on our Red Hat servers. After spending some time we found that the issue was between our server and remote resolving name server due to routing. It was a blame game between isps. Finally, we added forwarding isp dns to our named.conf and all problems were sorted out. To trace your issue, I suggest you temporary remove 127.0.0.1 from your bind and add public opendns or google servers:

Code:

nameserver 8.8.8.8

nameserver 8.8.4.4

Try it again:

Code:

dig google.com

dig brodersenravn.dk

dig ebay.com

If this works, it means some sort of network issue at the firewall or routing level. Black listing is also possibility, if your public ip was abused in the fast. Some isp blocks all caching dns servers on their network so that they can earn some dollars using their own dns servers.

via [Solved] BIND cannot resolve any .com DNS addresses.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s